Diploma in Marketing Management
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Commerce
Entry requirements : 4 passes
Department : Entrepreneurship
Programme Duration : 2 Years
[The regulation for this programme shall be read in conjunction with BA ISAGO General Regulations]
This qualification is ideal for individuals who are concerned with managing the marketing process at an operational level, as well as those who are looking to build on the knowledge gained at Professional Certificate level with a future marketing management role in mind. The content of the course has been put together following consultation with employers to ensure that candidates, gain relevant competencies for various stages of their marketing career.
The focus moves from the theoretical aspects of marketing towards the many skills needed to manage the marketing function itself – including elements ranging from channel management to communications, along with specialist areas like new product development.
Enhancing Career Opportunities
- Public Relations
- Event Management
- Marketing Executives
- Marketing Managers
- Brand Managers
- Media Consultants
- Outdoor Advertising
- Customer Liasion Consultant
- At least four passes at BGCSE level or equivalent, including English language OR
- Candidates must have completed a relevant 12 months Botswana Training Authority (BOTA) recognised and accredited Certificate in Marketing.
- Special Entry: Candidates who do not have minimum academic qualifications stated above but have a minimum of three years relevant work experience will be considered. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be used as an instrument for further assessment of mature-age entry candidates.
This is a 2-year program consisting of 16 modules:- 14 compulsory and 2 electives plus 6 months compulsory work related attachment, which is done in the first semester of level 2 or second year and assessed in terms of BA ISAGO University Workplace/Internship policy.
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Workplace Attachment
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday