Diploma in Insurance
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Commerce
Entry requirements : 4 passes
Department : Entrepreneurship
Programme Duration : 2 Years
[The regulation for this programme shall be read in conjunction with BA ISAGO General Regulations]
This diploma is meant to equip staff across all sectors of the insurance industry. It is to provide learners with a firm grounding in insurance fundamentals and will enable them to build towards advanced technical knowledge, thereby ensuring they have the means to function effectively in a challenging environment. The diploma can also be a route to completion of further studies in insurance. It is suitable for:
- Insurance technicians and those who aspire to be technicians
- Supervisors, team leaders and those with long-term ambitions of assuming managerial responsibilities
- Insurance staff employed in support functions wishing to develop their knowledge of their business.
- Insurance brokers, agents, and employees
- Holders of BGCSE passes and other school leavers wishing to pursue a career in Insurance
- At least four passes at BGCSE level or equivalent, including English language OR
- A Certificate in Insurance from any recognised institution.
- Special Entry: Candidates who do not have minimum academic qualifications stated above but have a minimum of three years relevant work experience will be considered. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be used as an instrument for further assessment of mature-age entry candidates.
This is a 2-year program consisting of 17 modules:- 14 compulsory and 3 optional plus 6 months compulsory work related attachment, which is done in the first semester of level 2 or second year and assessed in terms of BA ISAGO University Workplace/Internship policy.
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Workplace Attachment
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday