Diploma in Entrepreneurship
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Commerce
Entry requirements : 4 passes
Department : Entrepreneurship
Programme Duration : 2 Years
[The regulation for this programme shall be read in conjunction with BA ISAGO General Regulations]
The purpose of the Diploma in Entrepreneurship is to empower Batswana young men and women with entrepreneurial skills and knowledge so that they may go into self-employment and create jobs for themselves and their employees. Perhaps it should be emphasized that the mere launch of business projects is not enough. Projects must be put on a robust path of growth and sustainability. The entrepreneur can achieve this goal through acquisition of skills and knowledge in business management, hence the aim of this programme.
The Diploma in Entrepreneurship is designed to equip learners with knowledge and skills in areas of business management (marketing, accounting, human resource management, business communication, computing, entrepreneurial traits and general management).
- Practicing entrepreneurs in any sector, and employees in both public and private sector.
- Holders of BGCSE passes and other school leavers wishing to pursue a career in starting and managing their own businesses, or working in a business related environment.
- At least four passes at BGCSE level or equivalent, including English language OR
- A Certificate in Entrepreneurship/Business Management or any relevant field from any recognised institution.
- Special Entry: Candidates who do not have minimum academic qualifications stated above but have a minimum of three years relevant work experience will be considered. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be used as an instrument for further assessment of mature-age entry candidates.
This is a 2-year programme consisting of 16 compulsory modules, one optional module plus 6 months compulsory work related attachment, which is done in the first semester of level 2 (second year) and assessed in terms of BA ISAGO University College Workplace/Internship/Mentoring policy.
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Workplace Attachment
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday