Certificate in Entrepreneurship
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Commerce
Entry requirements : 3 passes
Department : Business management
Programme Duration : 1 Years
[The regulation for this programme shall be read in conjunction with BA ISAGO General Regulations]
The course gives an excellent foundation in areas that an entrepreneur, current business manager, or owner would find critical when starting or running a business. Learners will develop key skills in areas of Marketing, Management, Production and Purchasing as well as core skills of Communication, Accounting and Research.
Learners will receive guidance in the writing of business plans, which is a critical component for any prospective entrepreneur.
The course can be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.
Enhancing Career Opportunities
- Business Plan Writer
- Business Advisory Services
- Business Development Manager
- Self-employment (as business owner
- Applicants must have at least three passes at Botswana General Certificate in Secondary Education (BGCSE) level, or its equivalent. OR
- Special Entry: Candidates who do not have the minimum academic qualifications,as stated above, but have a minimum of two years uninterrupted experience in the real estate industry will be considered. In such cases candidates will undergo interviews for in-depth assessment, and meet the Academic Affairs Board requirements.
The programme is divided into two semesters, which start in January and July each year.
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Workplace Attachment
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday