BCom Degree in Human Resource Management
Programme Type : Full Time
Fees : Fees
Faculty : Commerce
Entry requirements : 5 credits
Department : Business management
Programme Duration : 4 Years
[The regulation for this programme shall be read in conjunction with BA ISAGO General Regulations]
The national and global socio economic challenges confronting developing and emerging economies in general and Botswana in particular require integrated and multi-sectoral interventions in order to meet both the current and the future human resources needs. The country’s ability to achieve sustainable development is anchored on a robust human resources base that is driven by both strategic renewal and sustained rejuvenation.
Moreover, the increased realization that human resources are a vital organizational capability has given human resource management a critical role in the achievement of organisational effectiveness. In order to achieve competitive advantage, organisations are increasingly looking at human resource management at the operational and strategic levels.
The programme has three main aims:-
- To provide a robust foundation in the principles of human resource management
- To equip students with the broad range of business skills necessary to succeed in today’s competitive commercial environment.
- To enhance and consolidate abilities of applying the principles, methodologies and ideas of human resources management in more diversified and changing environment.
Graduates can find rewarding careers in human resource management, personnel or training, such as:
- Operation Management Executive
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Business Planning Consultant
- Compensation Executive/Manager
- Employee Assistance or Benefits Executive/Manager
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) or Affirmative Action Coordinator
- Labor Relations Executive/Manager
- Recruitment Executive/Manager
- Human Resources Information System Executive/Manager
- Candidates must have obtained at least five (5) Credits at BGCSE (or equivalent) including a pass in English language.
- Candidates who have a Credit in Commerce and Business Studies will have an advantage.
- Candidates must have completed a relevant 12 months Botswana Training Authority (BOTA) recognised and accredited Certificate in Human Resources Management.
- Candidates must have completed a relevant Diploma in Human Resources Management or its equivalent.
- Special Entry : Candidates who do not have the minimum academic qualifications stated above but have a minimum of three years relevant work experience will be considered upon satisfying the requirements of the Academic Affairs Board.
Programme Structure and Duration
- The Degree programme will run over duration of 48 months (4 years) for full-time learners and sixty months (5 years) for part-time learners
- The programme consists of 32 Modules plus 6 months compulsory work related attachment, which is done in the level 3 or third year and assessed in terms of BA ISAGO University Workplace/Internship policy.
Learners will be assessed on the basis of the following:
- Mid-term examinations
- Workplace Attachment
- Final examinations
Lectures are held as follows:
- Part-time: 17.30-20.00 Monday to Friday
- Full-time: 8.00- 17.00 Monday to Friday