DHR is governed by a comprehensive Human Resources Policy guidelines approved by the Board of Directors (BoD). The services are provided in the following context:
- In a formalised, systematic manner as governed by the accepted policies.
- Support is provided in all phases of the employee-employer relationship.
- With the belief that written policies promote consistency, continuity, and understanding within an organization.
- That written policies also aid supervisors in consistently achieving fair and equitable interpretations of policy which require Human Resources action on a regular recurring basis.
HR Division is responsible for the updating of the Human Resources policies and for ensuring the safe custody of a correct and up-to-date set of Human Resources policies.
One of the primary responsibilities of the HR Division is the recruitment of both Academic and Non Academic Staff of BA ISAGO University College by:
- Ensuring, as far as possible, that staff are recruited on merit and that the recruitment process is free from bias and discrimination based on race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, or disability.
- That any appointments made are done in accordance with the Recruitment Policy and are subject to advertisement and interviews. In this regard it is noted that only the Human Resources Department issues letters appointment; the Department Head is responsible for ensuring that the Contract Employee processes all the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the duties of the position.
- That all interviews are conducted by a panel consisting of a minimum of 3 people including immediate line manager of the vacant post, a colleague who is familiar with the area of work and a third person, preferably from outside the department to balance the panel`s perspective.
The Division adheres to the Exit Management Policy objective to ensure that employees leave the University College with dignity and credit is given to inputs they have made to the organization.